Basic Principles in Procurement
OEPC procures materials and equipment required in accordance with the following principles:
- OEPC opens its doors to domestic and foreign suppliers in the procurement of products of good quality at reasonable prices.
- Economy and reasonableness are pursued in OEPC selection procedures on a fair and non-discriminatory basis. Factors to be considered in the selection of suppliers are; (a) product quality and safety; (b) pricing; (c) reliability; (d) compatibility with existing installed facilities; (e) ability to meet required delivery date and time; (f) after-sales service; (g) technical capacity; and (h) operating conditions of the suppliers.
- OEPC's belief is that all business relationships and dealings should be in compliance with, and demonstrate respect for the spirit of all laws and regulations concerned.
- It is recognized that good relationship to be established and maintained through fair business transactions based on mutual trust and confidence is important for OEPC to accomplish its mission of providing stable electric power at reasonable rates.
- Through business transactions, suppliers and OEPC will cooperate and contribute in partnership to the development of a regional community.